Monday, March 3, 2008

Will blogging work for me?

My sister has gotten used to me over the years (especially when I lived out of state), sending her an email and then sending her a follow-up one to clarify the first. I seem to always hit 'send', log off, and then realize she could have taken it the wrong way.


Now I've learned there's a reason for this (Asperger's) but my brain works fast, I type fast, and it seems like things make perfect sense at the time, but since I've known for a long time that I don't think like other people.....


As aspect of my Asperger's is that I'm more sociologically inclined than mechanically or numerically. I see patterns in behavior and events in terms of sociological implications. I also speak in analogies. Does that make sense? I bop my head, sleep with tons of covers, think only in logical terms and only have second-hand empathy. (I have to really think about someone's place to get it and even then....) And every book I've read since has only reinforced the diagnosis--not displaced it.


So I'm overly sensitive to having others not like me. Supposedly kids that were teased unmercifully when young develop what is called a high emotional intelligence. Double that with Asperger's--translates to everything being about my feelings, I guess. Maybe it's that I don't read that clues correctly, I've just learned to assume I've hurt someone's feelings.


So it's funny--(Okay, not really)---that's what my obsessions and my introversion are usually about. I've had to avoid message boards and chat rooms also. I can't comprehend that most people on a message board aren't friends and are leaving me out, everyone takes what I say the wrong way, and people can tell there's something wrong with me. (bobbing my head)


Can someone tell me blog etiquette? Do you say have a nice trip if they're going on a trip and you just posted for the first time? Should I be posting if/when anyone comments?

No comments: